Joshua B Rutta
Computer Information Systems, University of Miami, Coral Gables, FL Senior Student Assistant, 8/06-5/08
• Supervised all other employees which involved creating schedules, identifying priorities, delegating responsibilities, making hiring and firing decisions and training new employees.
• Assigned to conduct academic research, grade exams, field and direct phone calls, proctor tests, supervise course and teacher evaluation, plan departmental functions, keep an office supply inventory and order supplies in a timely and cost efficient fashion.
• Organized office duties which led to a more efficient execution of the daily responsibilities.
The Patina Group, Hollywood, CA Manager of Concessions Stand at the Hollywood Bowl, Summers 2002-2008
• Supervised staff and oversaw a very successful and efficient concession stand.
• Managed cash flow and inventory and ensured superior customer service as customers were dealt with personally and individually, but in an overall efficient manner.
• Increased profit with new innovative ideas and regulated lines so they would move faster than ever before.
• Order of Omega Leadership Award (April 2008) – An award handed out annually, “In Recognition of Superior Character, Involvement, Leadership And Service To His Chapter, Interfraternity Council And Community.”
• University of Miami Fun Day Executive Board Member (2007 - 2008) – Fun Day is University of Miami’s largest onsite community service activity and provides a day of activities on campus for mentally challenged citizens in the South Florida Area. The months of planning, meant interviewing and training group leaders, choosing and designing a theme, managing risk, working with a budget, obtaining sponsors, recruiting special citizens and student volunteers and planning a full day of events. Through this planning, 2008’s Fun Day became very successful and included more special citizens and volunteers than ever before.
• Pledge Educator, Sigma Alpha Epsilon (2006 - 2007) – Designed a comprehensive curriculum that phased out hazing and helped a fairly new fraternity become one of the most distinguished on campus.
• University Relations Chairman, Sigma Alpha Epsilon (2005) - Administrative Liaison for Fraternity
• Eminent Correspondent, Judicial Board Member, Greek Week Chairman and Awards Chairman, Sigma Alpha Epsilon
• Greek Liaison to University of Miami Hillel Jewish Student Center (2007 – 2008) –Charter member to a now thriving program which sole purpose is to enrich the Greek community through Jewish education. This involved much planning to throw very successful, exciting and informative events.
• Graduate of The John O. Moseley 72nd Annual Leadership School (August 2007)
• Cinematic Arts Commission of Hurricane Productions at University of Miami (2005 – 2007)
• University of Miami Fun Day Group Leader (2007 – 2008)
• University of Miami National Gandhi Day of Service Site Leader (Fall 2007)
• University of Miami Greek Earth Day Site Leader (Spring 2007)
• Service/Philanthropy: Hurricanes Help the Hometown, AIDS Walk Miami, Relay for Life, Greeks Give, Greeks and Goblins, Rebuilding Together, Barnyard Afterschool Program, READesign Miami